Sunday, July 14, 2013

Making a mess

I was playing around with my embossing folders and stumbled upon a super cool technique! I'm not saying that no one else has discovered this trick. I'm sure there are many videos out on the "interwebs" that showcase this idea, but I just was playing and had a great outcome. 

First, I inked up an embossing folder (I used Vintage Wallpaper, now retired) with Soft Suede ink. I inked the side that was recessed, not raised. 


Then I took the brush end of my Island Indigo marker and randomly added a bunch of color. 



Next I misted a ton of water onto the inked side of the embossing folder.


I gently dropped a piece of watercolor card stock onto the ink. (I tried it with regular card stock with a different result. More on that later.)


I put it through my Big Shot as usual. 


I carefully removed the watercolor card stock. 


Then I used my heat tool to quickly dry my work. I used a baby wipe to clean up my embossing folder. Easy peasy! Here are two pieces. Each time they come out a bit differently. Love them both.


Here is a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the same technique. It takes the ink differently. But I like the look of this too! Tomorrow I'll be posting a card that I made with my newly embossed paper!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

came out beautifully...and different each time makes them all one of a kind!

Jodi said...

I love the variations! I'm a bit addicted to creating these little beauties in many color combinations.

Rose said...

Love the the Soft Suede and Indigo Island together!

Jodi said...

I LOVE Island Indigo! Didn't think that I would, but I'm using it quite a bit.